The NZ Actors Guild is an independent guild set up by New Zealanders to provide advice and advocacy for actors.
We are not an autonomous branch of another group either domestic or overseas.
The following values sit at our core:
1. The NZ Actors’ Guild should act in a reasoned and informed manner for the benefit of its members and, where warranted, other actors;
2. The NZ Actors’ Guild will respect the fact that under the current law Actors are independent contractors shall therefore endeavor to help Actors get the most out of that status;
3. The NZ Actors’ Guild acknowledges the collaborative nature of film and theatre, and will work, where possible, in a collaborative fashion with other industry groups;
4. The NZ Actors’ Guild will consult with it’s membership where possible;
5. The NZ Actors’ Guild will attempt to foster positive collaboration with all industry partners and reach out to all actors regardless of affiliations;
6. The NZ Actors’ Guild will positively promote the acting profession within the film, television and theatre industries as well as the wider community;
7. The NZ Actors’ Guild will provide advice and professional development opportunities for members to enhance their ability to run themselves as a successful business
8. The NZ Actors’ Guild will act as a clearing house for information, in particular about industry standards for Actors worldwide, and be a place for Actors to share information and engage in robust debate;
9. The NZ Actors’ Guild will be indigenous; run by New Zealand actors for New Zealand actors;
10. The NZ Actors’ Guild acknowledges that actors’ agents are the actors’ nominated representatives in contract negotiations, and will, where warranted, work closely with actors’ agents to ensure members get the best deal possible from contract negotiations;
11. The NZ Actors’ Guild will engage in regular good faith discussion about industry standards like the Pink Book with all parties concerned (its members, SPADA, the Agents’ Associations, NZ Equity, etc and were appropriate the representative bodies of other workers affiliated with the film industry);
12. The NZ Actors’ Guild should recognise and respect the diversity amongst our membership and to be mindful of that diversity when making decisions and seek consultation when necessary
We welcome your thoughts and if you are interested in becoming part of the Guild please email email@example.com